Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Freedom

don't think i don't realize that you're hurting too
but tell me is there a sweet release a kind of relief inside of you
for finally now the tears and the glares and the ugly whispers don't hurt
i'm too much of a strong soul to let you continue to treat me like dirt

i'm not letting you in now cuz i've found something sweet
something sweet and real and comforting that you can't have and never could
the fact is the victim isn't playing the victim and the one that twisted the knife is nursing a wound
you can't stop me from flying or spreading my wings because i want to live my life alive

i say goodbye to you forever because this time that's what i'm offering up in exchange
in exchange for all the tears you squeezed from me and all the lies you told
you don't control me you don't and never will because i cut myself loose forever
and i've got a life that you will never take away from me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment