Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Antidote (to my mother)

There is the world.
             And there is you.
The world hurts sometimes.
             You abolish the pain.
The world can be cruel.
             Your love chases the cruelty to the shadows.
The world can misunderstand.
             You understand, and agree wholeheartedly.
The world can hate.
             You recognize hate, but do not let it taint your love for me.
The world sometimes pushes me down.
             You are the thing that pulls me to my feet.
The world does not think I matter.
             You do.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to to your mother. Now the hard part is to ensure all those attributes of hers can be used by you with those you love too.

    This was well worth the visit.

    ReplyDelete