Friday, March 8, 2013

Project Islam: Day 5: Comparisons

So this is the comparison shot. On the left is me on the first day, Monday. I wore the same blue hiijab every day, and of course no makeup. No jewelry, and I had to keep my hair completely covered at all times. The skirt went down to my ankles. I however wore long socks or stockings as an extra precaution, as Nebraska is a particularly windy state ;)

The picture on the right is basically me on a normal day. The fuzzy black photobomber is my kitten, Abby :)

It's been a long week, but also a week of growth and experience. My heart goes out to all Muslims, and all those living under religious and cultural suppression. I respect you. I can't say I necessarily understand what you have to live with on a daily basis, your whole lives, but I respect you immensely and will make a point to stand up for you whenever I can. May Allah bless you a thousand times.

No comments:

Post a Comment