Monday, October 4, 2010

Dreams

Dreams can be funny things. I myself have had some pretty wacko ones in my time, not one of which has been giving a speech in the nude :) . There was one I had recently (not counting the one where Mel Gibson was chasing me on a horse; that happened a few hours after I'd seen Braveheart) that really resonated with me. I personally am a Michael Jackson fan, though didn't really become one until after his death. You know how that goes; you hear all this crappy stuff about a celebrity during their life, and it takes their death for anything positive to be said. Anyway, he was in my dream the other night. We were riding in the backseat of a car, and it was late at night. Rain was battering the windows, so loudly that I couldn't hear the tires on the road. I couldn't see the driver either. I sat on one side of the seat, Michael sat on the other. He looked how he did later in life, small and vulnerable. He met my eyes but said nothing. That's when I recognized the song playing on the radio. It was "Got to Be There", by the Jackson 5, with young Michael leading. We listened for a while, when somehow over the rain I heard him say, "That little boy is lost now." Just those six words. I moved in my seat and laid myself in the crook of his arms, laying my head on his shoulder. We didn't talk any more after that; we just sat and listened to the rain and the hum of the car. I don't know why I dreamed about him that night, but that dream has stayed with me. So many peaceful people have been destroyed by this world, for no reason. Oftentimes we don't see it happening until it's too late. I didn't get to see the beautiful side of Michael until he was gone from this Earth, but I believe what he was trying to do can be continued through us, if we just give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment