Saturday, December 3, 2011

Joy

Joy is
an afternoon of Elvis
Singing every word and
harmonizing with the voice
Of an angel.

Joy is
waking up with a plump
Little cat asleep on my face
because his purrs are vibrating
My nose.

Joy is
dancing in the kitchen
To Bob Seger, praising that
Old time rock 'n' roll, and not
Caring how silly
I look.

Joy is
anticipating the return of
My dearest, sweetest friend, because
words on a screen aren't enough and
She can always make
Me laugh.

Joy is
living the life I have right now
With all its ups and downs and
Little nuisances and quirks that
Make it especially mine.

6 comments:

  1. There are so many joys in life. We really need to use the word more and reflect on our good fortune. Enjoyed your piece immensely (Except for the cat asleep on the face; that made me sneeze!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am convinced neither wraps nor casts, band-aids nor stitches, aspirin nor morphine will help us recover from the smack-going-down when we see each other again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful piece..sharing your joy..I like the idea of a plump little cat..Jae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, babe!! I'm always so proud to be your Mama!!! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first 'Danny' cat would sprawl on my back, put his paws over my shoulders, and PURR into the nape of my neck. Joyful - but Heavy, he was a big cat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing the joys in your life

    ReplyDelete