Friday, December 16, 2011

Hungry

To what, dearest one
May we interest your
Tender palate? I see
Your 'buds are not
Too picky.

Perhaps a touch
of Springsteen to
Satisfy a rebellious heart
And quench that spunky thirst.

Or maybe you feel
More in the mood for Mr. Charles?
A bit of ole time blues
And piano to tempt your thoughts
On love past.

Oh dear, you simply
Can't gorge yourself so!
The sweet richness of Presley
And the raw tang of Cash
Might give your ears
A happy stomachache!

Perhaps tonight you don't
Wish to feast with waiting
Souls, bodies stilled, spirits never
Silenced. Perhaps you would like
Instead to visit a quartet of bassists,
Banjo-ists, guitarists, and one drummer,
Two brothers, four kin
With the taste of memory and the sticky
Summer hint of knowing
Just what you wanted to hear.

May I interest you in dessert?

1 comment:

  1. I am positively delighted by your brilliance!!!!! Your writing makes my insides feel all sparkly. Can I pleeeease walk around inside your head for a little while?? I promise I'll try my very best to be graceful and not break anything ;) Even if I may live the rest of my days being inseparable from you, I could not possibly get enough of your beautiful self. By simply being who you are, you help me to feel like a true woman.

    Sincerely, your bestest for the restest,
    kah_risten

    ReplyDelete