Monday, July 4, 2011

What Can I Do

Oh I wish I was

Wish, yes, wish you knew!

In the land of cotton

C’mon, c’mon, oh, you can DO it!

Old times they are not forgotten

Pssh, you can say that again, buddy!

Look away, look away, look away

Don’t think I can.

Dixieland



What can I do? Is there anything?

He says you get nervous, you get

Self-conscious

When the time comes.



I understand that.

Maybe not in the same way, but

I’ve felt that way too.

But why you?

When what you have is so

Incredible,

You shouldn’t be afraid to

Show the world all that

You can do.



And you can do it. You have,

And you will again.

And maybe, just maybe, I’ll be there

When it happens.



All my trials, lord

Soon be over…..

The moment comes, the flute rises,

And you stand with your head

Bowed low, your hands crossed,

Your expression so solemn.



What are you thinking about?

What goes on in that head of yours

In that moment?



And then.



Your eyes glow bright

In the light

Your jaw is set, your soul determined

I’m praying now, you understand, praying

That this time you’ll

Do it

Go for it! Try! Shine!



Glory glory, hallelujah

His truth is marching on

Yes! Now! Go!

You want it, I can see that, FEEL it!

His truth is…..marching….

A deep breath shared by two souls

On.



Nope. Not this time.

What can I do

To help you

Believe in yourself

As much

As I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment