Monday, June 6, 2011

Dedicated to.......

Crackle!
Spit!
Pop!
The old-time record plays out
History on black vinyl,
Spinning its volumes on
A newfangled yet admittedly
Beautiful
Machine.

I sit back,
Gaze up at your face
So full, so young, so
Heartbreakingly
Indescribable.

I sip my sweet tea,
The delicious amber treat
Drunk from a Mason jar to further
Authenticate the mood.

Dare I spin my dreams into stories?
Dare I write myself into your incredible life?
And, if I succeed,
Will others read and believe and feel the love
And the life
I try so hard to put down in words
We mortals can understand?

6 comments:

  1. Go ahead. Every young life needs dreams spun into stories and they will feel the love and life. You made me feel it already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem is beautiful, and put me in a happy, nostalgic mood. Thanks for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let it spin, sweetheart! Spin and weave into a beautiful net for our thoughts to be caught on. Hang the net between a couple'a trees, and ya got a hammock for thoughts and dreams to rest on! <3 <3 <3 Love this, darlin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Write yourself into the lives of many, into the heart of one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. playful.
    so beautiful imagery shown here,
    smiles.
    love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a thrill to land on your amazing poetry land.
    Cheers.
    Come sharing your poetry with us today,
    First time participants are welcome sharing 1 to 3 random poems or poems unrelated to our theme.

    Blessings.
    Hope to see you linked in.
    Happy Tuesday!
    Hugs.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete