Sunday, December 12, 2010

Limits

My name is
and I'm

Clump, clump, clump

I had an old wrecked vehicle
Kaleb said he'd help me fix up some time

Sweating in my seat, every inch of me shaking

I knew how to cover my tracks (ha ha)

Again and again, more and more the words starting to mean something

You know what I wish? This second? I wish I was high!

And this last time, all of us already crying too hard to speak

I'll stick with it, man. One more week......for you.

And when it's finally over, really over, it doesn't feel like the end

Kaleb is dead. Overdose.

The words I've spoken so many times aren't just something I say
anymore. How long will it take to finally be over? For real?

We never got around to it. And now we never will.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. This was so powerful and very difficult for me to read. I felt such sorrow in every word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes as Rene said - there is much sadness here but as a piece of writing it is both interesting, engaging and a little bit different (which is always good)..Jae :)

    ReplyDelete